Act may be right for you if:
- You suffer from stress urinary incontinence as a result of intrinsic sphincter deficiency or a previously failed surgery.
- You have not adequately responded to conservative treatments.
Act may not be right for you if you have:
- An active systemic or urinary tract infection
- A current pregnancy
- Incontinence due to detrusor (bladder) instability or over activity
- Reduced bladder compliance
- Primarily urge incontinence
- Residual urine volume greater than 100cc after urinating
- Radiotherapy treatments presently
- Plans to receive radiotherapy within the next six months
- Received radiotherapy within the last six months
- Suspected bladder cancer
- Unsuccessfully treated bladder stones
- A bleeding disorder